If you are passionate about global citizenship, human rights, the environment or education and want to make a difference, then Educonnexion’s Mentorship program can help. We provide support for individual students or student groups through either our Act or Learn programs.
The Act Program provides efficient, effective and coherent activities and projects for students and student groups. Whether you have a specific project that requires support, or you need help identifying a project to begin, our mentors can help with any of the following:
- Identification of a project, your needs or those of your community.
- Defining clear objectives for an existing project or starting from scratch.
- Elaboration of work plan and creation of projects and campaigns.
- Followup according to desired frequency – online or in person.
- Thematic or capacity building training sessions.
We work with both independent groups and groups affiliated with other organizations in order to reinforce your campaigns, projects and initiatives.
If you’re looking for a turn-key solution, we can suggest programs to you (eg: Roots and Shoots), or assist you in building your own program.
We use different tools to help you identify your needs and those of your community, clarify problems and preoccupations, outline an action plan, and develop a campaign or a concrete project. We also act in strengthening your capacities on existing projects, ensuring that you are able to meet your objectives in an efficient and sustainable way.
Beyond just teaching students about important social issues, our Learn Program works to foster youth leadership, problem-solving skills, critical and divergent thinking for building and crafting systems and tools needed today and for the future. We offer personalized course plans in human rights, the environment, social justice, or education. In addition, we also offer personalized course plans in project management of any of these subjects.
- Short training sessions given by your coach or other Educonnexion facilitators.
- A few readings or up to a full syllabus, with or without discussion sessions.
- Activities and practice workshops.
- From 3 to 45h of training.
- Course can be either in person or online.
- Frequency and duration of meetings, tasks and objectives are yours to choose.
- Choose between a plan with a set duration and total number of hours, or one that allows you to add areas of interest when you want.
We have mentors trained in various issues relating to the environment, human rights, social justice and peace. They have tools and project management skills to help accompany your endeavors. Our mentors are members of the First Community of Practice in the world in education for global citizenship and responsibility.
Cost & Funding
The mentorship program runs due to the generous contribution of SJC and Educonnexion members, and grants from private foundations and the Ministry of International Relations of Quebec. Basic fees are still required and must be covered by participants in most cases.
It’s possible to obtain free mentorship under certain conditions. Get in touch with us to learn more!
Join the program
To join the program or learn more about it, please contact us through our contact form. We usually organize an initial meeting, with no engagement or commitment on your part, simply to explore collaboration possibilities.
Educonnexion • 1857 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Suite 320 Montreal (QC) H3H 1J9 • 514.933.6797 • Contact us
A program of: